The ExxonMobil / LNESC Scholarship Program recognizes outstanding Hispanic high school seniors who plan to pursue a degree in engineering at U. S. post-secondary institutions. Sponsored by the Exxon Mobil Corporation, LNESC will award one (1) national scholarship of $20,000, paid over four years, and twelve (12) $2,000 local scholarships to qualified high school seniors.
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants must reside within the following cities and surrounding areas and meet the following criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
Colorado Springs, COMiami, FL
Kansas City, MO
Corpus Christi, TX
El Paso, TX
San Antonio, TX
• Must be a graduating high school senior.
• Must be a Hispanic student accepted into and planning to attend a full-time program in engineering leading to a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university in the U.S.
• Must have a cumulative high school grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.
• Must have scored 29 or higher on the ACT test, or 1350 or higher on the SAT test (sum of critical reading and mathematics scores).
• Must be a U. S. Citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Application Process: Applicants must submit the following to the LNESC National Office by May 16, 2014
• Completed and signed application form• Official high school transcript
• Three letters of recommendation, including a complete telephone number and email address for each reference
• Typed personal statement of not more than 300 words describing your professional and career goals
The ExxonMobil / LNESC Scholarship application period is from
March 14, 2014 - May 16, 2014
To apply, please click here.